Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is excited to share information regarding the Service Industry Recovery (SIR) program.
TWC has geared this program to provide low-wage service industry workers with free childcare for 12 months. Applicants must work in one of the specified service industries and meet the eligibility requirements listed below:
- Accommodation and Food Service (such as hotels, restaurants, and food delivery services).
- Arts, Entertainment and Recreation (such as movie theaters, fitness centers and amusement parks).
- Retail (such as gas stations, grocery stores, and clothing stores).
- Reside in one of the 14 counties we serve.
- Work in one of the above-mentioned industries.
- Meet income guidelines.
- Provide proof of citizenship for child(ren) needing care.
For details regarding the counties that we serve and the income guidelines, please visit our website at www.dfwjobs.com.
If you have any questions or would like to refer a qualified individual for childcare services, please call our Customer Contact Center to speak with a Child Care Representative at 1-800-234-9306. You can also email your questions to ChildCareSIR@DFWJobs.com.