All Hood County 4-H Senior members who have a willingness to serve, ability to lead, and a desire to improve Hood County 4-H are encouraged to apply to be a Hood County 4-H Ambassador. Please review the purpose of this program and the eligibility criteria below prior to submitting an application.
Hood County 4-H Ambassador Application- 2023-24
Applications are due June 14th, 2023 by 5PM
(Applications may mailed or brought to the Extension office or emailed to Hannah)
Interviews will be held June 28th, 2023 from 1-5PM
The Hood County 4-H Ambassador Program aims to project a clear and accurate image of the Texas and Hood County 4-H & Youth Development Program. More specifically, the purpose is to:
- Help older youths develop leadership and communication skills.
- Help the public understand the full scope of the 4-H program.
- Recruit new members from diverse backgrounds.
- Lead programs as a group to be educational, fun and safe.
- To show and inform key audiences what the 4-H and Youth Development Program is and who it impacts, so that these audiences will understand the impact of 4-H on the lives of young people and will see how it addresses key youth issues in the community.
- To make families, youths, and communities more aware of 4-H and the benefits it offers.
Hood County 4-H Ambassadors must meet the following requirements to be considered for selection as a member:
- Must be 9th– 12th grade for the 2023-2024 school year
- Been enrolled for 4-H for a minimum of a year at the time of submitting an application
- Submit a COMPLETE 4-H recordbook for the prior year and interview
- Participated in 2 community service activity as an individual, group or 4-H club
- Must be academically eligible and be in good standing with 4-H
- Must agree to the obligation and activity requirement in this contract
If you have any questions, please contact Hannah (firstname.lastname@example.org).